On November 16 (several days after the first snow on the year) Christine had decided that this would be the day that we went to Cottonwood Park.

On this day it both happened to be snowing and about -20 (it was actually about -2 but it felt like -20 to my poor Lower Mainland self). On this day I wore a pair of jeans, a pair of shorts, 2 pairs of socks, a short sleeve shirt, a long sleeve shirt, a hoodie, and my heated jacket (thank you mom for getting that for me) and was still cold sometimes (anytime we stopped moving for more then a second). The fact that I wore so many layers and still managed to be cold was not very live laugh love.

Cottonwood Park had been incredibly pretty that day and the ducks has been very cute. This has been my first time going to the park.

The ducks (that I think the entire class loved)

Walking on the land and learning of different ways from it is something different that Lower Mainland people don’t really get to enjoy and experience as snow exists for about 3 days down there every year and two of those days the snow looks pretty bad. The activity that we had done had also allowed us to look closely at the land and look for specific things.
We had used the land to inspire a lesson plan where Sloane, Talia and I had done a Geography lesson that we could change and adapt to fit any area or park that we could go to in our local area.
The lesson plan had involved students looking at the land and the different ways that it may be used. We had also considered the difficulty ways that we could include other courses and collaborate with other teachers. We had considered both Earth Science and Biology as we thought that those would be the easiest ones to collaborate with.

Myself, Talia and Sloane, all enjoying the snow (this was before I got cold)

They (Sloane and Talia) had also been very helpful in learning more about the park and the different things that had happened there, such as the snake that had been in the park over the summer that had been done by a local artist that local people had been able to add to.

Isaac’s shoes (I later found out that Talon had also worn runners and I have no idea how they did that)